Ah, your trusty puffy jacket—it’s had your back for many adventures. Whether keeping the cold wind from chilling you to the bone, providing cover for your skin on a sunny day, or just stylin’ on a long hike—you love your puffy.
But even the best puffy coat isn’t a suit of armor. Tears, punctures, and rips happen in an instant. All it takes is a fall on the hard ground, a snag on a thorny bush, or even the normal wear and tear of a seam. Not to mention how often an excited dog can puncture a sleeve or how quickly an ember from a campfire can leave a hole.
You don’t want to throw your jacket away. It’s expensive to buy a new one—and nobody likes to think about otherwise perfectly good gear ending up in a landfill. All you really want to do is fix it so it’s good as new. Thankfully, there’s a fantastically easy fix!
Here’s how to repair a puffy jacket tear in three simple steps.
The Best Way to Repair a Ripped Puffy Coat
If you want to repair a tear in your puffy jacket, what are your options?
- Duct tape is cheap but ugly—and the texture is all wrong. Certainly not the look and feel you want to sport on your pricey puffy.
- You can’t exactly sew it since it’s made out of nylon, polyester, or Gore-Tex.
- Glue is just a mess, so don’t even try it.
Luckily, there’s a super easy way to repair a torn puffy jacket with NoSo Patches. Here’s how:
- Trim loose fibers and clean the area. It’s all about creating a clean, smooth space. Alcohol wipes are a big help—but if you don’t have any, just do your best.
- Apply NoSo Patch over the tear. NoSo Patches work just like a sticker. Peel it, place it, and smooth it out from the center to the edges. That’s it! You’re good to go.
- Apply heat when you have a chance. This last step makes for a permanent fix. 30 seconds with a hairdryer is all you need. But if you’re repairing on the go, direct sunlight on a hot day can work. Or just wait until you get home to apply this last step.
Yes—that’s really all it takes to bring your torn puffy back to life! NoSo Patches are waterproof, durable, and permanent. Easy to pocket and take with you. These patches are the perfect way to fix a rip in your puffy coat.
For Flair or Repair, NoSo Can Patch Your Favorite Puffy
NoSo Patches are the best way to repair your outdoor gear and apparel. But you don’t have to get a tear in your favorite outdoor garments to use them. Our patches are great for personalizing your apparel too!
We offer a ton of really cool patches. So whether you want to show your love for national parks, sport your favorite animal, rep your pride, or anything else—we’ve got you covered. We regularly update our designs and even collaborate with some amazing artists to give you a unique look you’ll love.
So, what are you waiting for? Explore our NoSo Patch shop online or find us in your favorite stores.